Yes, but with some restrictions.
Remember you must do your part and uphold patient privacy at all times and ensure your device is password/passcode protected.
In order to access programs like AxiUm from your device, or your home computer, we have provided a tools called "remoteAPP" for PC's and "Microsoft Remote Desktop" for MAC's.
NOTE: The MAC app "Microsoft Remote Desktop" DOES NOT allow students to have a "Desktop" but rather will show all the applications you need like Axium, Word and Excel. You can also access all your files. So the name of the app is a bit misleading.
- Windows computer running Vista or later, or
- Macintosh computer running OS X 10.9 or later, an iPhone or iPad, with the App "Microsoft Remote Desktop" version 8.0 installed - available from the Mac App Store - free of charge
- High speed internet connection
- Dentistry computer account (the account you use to log into the Faculty computers)
Please be aware that:
- Your remote connection will automatically log off after 5 minutes of inactivity
- The maximum session time is 2 hours
Please see these two guides for setting up remote apps on your personal computer: