Yes if your password has NOT expired, or you have locked yourself out of your account from too many wrong password attempts.
From work on a Dentistry computer:
- After logging on to your computer, press CONTROL+ALT+DELETE and you will see an option to change your password
- Your password must be 8 digits long with upper case, lower case letters, and numbers.
- You cannot use a previous password exactly, but you can alter a previous password to make it different
From any computer:
1. Password Recovery Tool
If you have enrolled with the web-based "password reset tool", PRIOR to your password expiring or needing to be re-set:
- If you have enrolled click here to change or reset your password.
- This tool asks specific identifying questions of you, that later can be re-answered by you to prove your identity and allow a reset of your password
- it is STRONGLY recommended that you take the time to enroll with this tool, as password resets will not be available after normal working hours
2. Use your Dentistry email account to change your password:
- Access your email account here mail.dentistry.utoronto.ca. Log in and go into ‘Settings’ (the black small clog wheel, top right corner) then select ‘change password.’
Alternatively, please visit the IITS Help Desk in Room 346 with a piece of photo ID.
Please sign up for the password recovery tool. From there, click on "Enroll for Reset". This will allow you to reset your password if you ever forget it.