1. Are you a NEW student?
- Even if your computer account is created, the other "parts" of your access may not have been completed
- Please be patient if it is the start of the term and contact IITS if you are unsure
2. Does your computer meet the minimum requirements:
- Windows computer running Windows 10 or later, or
- Macintosh computer running OS X 10.11 or later
- An iPhone or iPad, with the App "Microsoft Remote Desktop" version 10 installed - available from the Mac App Store - free of charge
- High speed internet connection - this also means a good home wireless connection to your router
3. Does your computer have pending updates:
- Often an update will require a restart, (pending), or a confirmation to complete
- Updates can affect your wireless connection - stop working, crashing, disconnecting
- Updates can affect web browsers - (security updates, new features), causing disallowed connections
- System updates can affect APPs - will stop working or only partially work
- PLEASE complete all updates if you have any Remote connection issues
4. I cannot logon:
- Your password may have expired?
- Has your Dentistry computer account expired - graduating student accounts are expired in August
- Are you putting your logon information in this form: Dentistry\DentID (you do need the Denitstry\.....)
- Are you using your UTORid password rather than your DentID password?
5. The remote connection keeps disconnecting:
- Your remote connection will automatically log off after 5 minutes for Students - IF...
- ...you are considered "inactivity" - remember to open what you need, work on it, save it, and leave - (don't go for lunch)
- The maximum session time is 2 hours
- If you are on the University's wireless and this is happening when you are "active" it is likely a wireless connection issue