Having multiple signatures is a handy way of going between the two accounts you manage. See the attached guide to add an additional signature to Outlook you can choose to reply with manually or set to automatically display by default:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Audio Visual Equipment (6)
- Axium (61)
- Blackboard (13)
- Desktop & Remote Access (8)
- DPES Student Videos (7)
- EMAIL (10)
- IITS Help Desk (3)
- Layout, Design & 3D Models (10)
- Lecture Capture (7)
- MIPACS (4)
- Phones (21)
- Photography (12)
- Printing (7)
- Secure File Transfer (2)
- Software (5)
- Student Laptop Program (2)
- Video (15)
- Website (1)
- Wireless (3)
I have been asked to manage an email account, and have been given the rights to do so, how to I send a email message from this account?
- If you have been given "full access" to the other email account, it will automatically show up under your personal email account in outlook.
- If you have been given only "send as" rights the email account will not be displayed.
Please refer to this guide to add the "from" field to an email so it will appear as if it is from the other email account you have been askd to manage:
If you would like to remove emails or "archive" old emails, but still retain a copy, you can use the EXPORT feature in Outlook. This should be used for items that you will not need to retrieve unless absolutely necessary. Although the emails can again be IMPORTED back to Outlook, it is not something you would want to do regularly. Please see the attached guide:
This tutorial will show you how to copy a list of e-mails from excel to outlook.
- Click on a column in excel by pressing 'Ctrl+a'.
- Right click on the selected e-mails and press copy.
- Goto Outlook and in the to field paste the e-mails by pressing 'Ctrl+v'.
Click this link to read this step-by-step guide to activating and setting up your UTORid and @utoronto.ca email account.
By default, your Dentistry email address will be follow this formula:
An alternative formula includes your first initial in place of your first name, e.g.: email@example.com vs. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your existing UTORmail account can be forwarded to your Dentistry e-mail. To set this up, click here. Look for the option that says make changes. Log into the site with your central campus UTORid credentials. Scroll down until you find the section that allows you to forward your e-mail, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Once your Dentistry account is created, you will be able to access your e-mail by clicking on the Outlook shortcut on your desktop. As a grad student, you must request a Dentistry e-mail address from the IITS Help Desk by submitting a help request at email@example.com.
Follow these steps:
- Right click your 'deleted items' folder
- Click ‘recover deleted items’
- Choose which ones you want to bring back to your deleted folder
- Make sure to click on Restore Selected Items
- Press OK when you are ready to retrieve the deleted emails