Using the Mark-Up tool in Microsoft Word not only keeps track of changes made the article by the reviewer, but also allows for questions and comments to the author.
Frequently Asked Questions
- # Windows 10 (6)
- Audio Visual Equipment (6)
- Axium (61)
- Desktop & Remote Access (8)
- DPES Student Videos (7)
- EMAIL (10)
- IITS Help Desk (3)
- Layout, Design & 3D Models (10)
- Lecture Capture (7)
- MIPACS (4)
- Office 365 (2)
- Phones (21)
- Photography (12)
- Printing (7)
- Quercus (3)
- Secure File Transfer (2)
- Software (6)
- Student Laptop Program (2)
- Video (15)
- Website (1)
- Wireless (3)
A quick video introduction to the Dental Procedure Education System (DPES) for students.
Here are the basic guidelines for creating a DPES Pro article.
The DPES patient videos educate patients about dental procedures using plain language. These videos are available on the Patient Information site, which is easily accessible and searchable by the public.
The DPES student videos describe procedures in more detail, providing a concise visual overview of a procedure from beginning to end. These videos are available to students, faculty and staff at the Faculty of Dentistry.
Collaboratively producing a DPES production often follows these steps:
- The first step towards creating a DPES project involves writing an article, reviewed by two of your peers
- We will then take this article and create a script to be used for production, which we’ll submit to you, for your review
- Depending on the subject, we may create two scripts – one for patients, one for students. We may also create a script for either patients or students
- Production could involve either video and animation, or a fully animated production
- We will record the narration, edit it all together, and once the final edit is approved, the video and article will be posted onto the DPES sites
If you are interested in producing a DPES project, please email email@example.com, describing the procedure featured in your project. After reviewing your idea, we will contact you to discuss your proposed project.
Faculty of Dentistry staff and students can find dental procedural videos on the DPES (Dental Procedural Education System) page of the IITS (Information and Instructional Technology Services) here. DPES videos can be filtered by specialty, or searched by keywords.
Find videos tailored the general public on the DPES page on the Patient Information site, here.